Thursday, June 2, 2016

Lunch Stop: Hillbilly Hot Dogs

About three hours into our 8+ hour drive home we stopped in Lesage, WV (the middle of nowhere) to have a fun-filled, kitschy adventure and delicious lunch.  What a great way to cap off our Kentucky road trip.  I had been looking forward to going to Hillbilly Hot Dogs for months!  It definitely deserved its own blog post.




I love how the proprietors made a joke out of the hillbilly stigma that everyone can laugh along with, rather than at. Everyone's there to have a good time.  In fact, there was a line when we got there but it grew three-fold while we were sitting down with our food.

You can sit outside at bench-tables or inside these old school buses adorned for your comfort.  Don't you love the spam container flowerpot?


Evan got two different dogs with a slight difference.  I think one was deep-fried with cajun seasoning but both had chili sauce, mustard, and onions.  I didn't get to try either of them because they were gone before I knew it.


I got the combo of two West Virginia dogs and we split my order of fries.  My dogs had chili sauce, onions, mustard, and cole slaw.  I'm generally not a huge fan of cole slaw but it was pretty good, if a little excessive.


People waiting to order:


Guy Fieri paid Hillbilly Hot Dogs a visit at some point:


More fun:


They also offer wedding services!  The couple who started Hillbilly Hot Dogs have gotten married over 30 times.  I assume they use their own chapel.



I love a good splurge once in a while so it's too bad Hillbilly Hot Dogs is so far from where we live.  It really doesn't make sense for a day trip.  I guess we'll have to road trip to Kentucky again so we can  pay them another visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment